Residents of the area in northern Syria damaged Tuesday by a chemical weapons attack claimed they had been hit by a new round of strikes on Saturday, The Washington Post reported.
Eyewitness accounts said warplanes launched fresh strikes on the area that was already devastated from Tuesday’s chemical bombing which killed scores of civilians. Reports are that one woman was killed and several wounded in Saturday’s attack.
President Donald Trump launched a missile attack on Thursday on an air base in Syria in an attempt to dissuade Syrian President Bashar al-Assad from launching similar attacks against the country’s citizens. Monitoring groups reported jets were taking off once again from the air base that was hit on Thursday by 58 U.S. missiles, the article stated.
“Those attacks did not reduce the regime’s ability (to) kill civilians. They can still commit massacres at any time,” said resident Abdulrzzak Khattab, adding his house was damaged in Saturday’s attack.
Iran and Russia have rallied behind Syria in the aftermath of Thursday’s attack by the U.S., while Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu called the U.S. strike a “cosmetic intervention” unless efforts against Syria continued.
Source: newsmax – Residents of Town Hit by Chemical Strikes Claim New Attacks